(BLS) Basic Life Support Certification AZ for Healthcare Providers
For Dates and Times: Please Click on “View Schedule” button below
This course is updated with the current science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
The BLS Provider Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
• Updated science and education from the new 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
• Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
• Emphasis on high-quality CPR including a team dynamics classroom activity
• Video-based course with real world scenarios
The course content focuses on:
• High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
• Use of an AED
• Effective ventilations using a barrier device
• Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
BLS training is intended for certified or non-certified, licensed or non-licensed, healthcare professionals, including:
- Emergency medical technicians (EMT)
- Respiratory, Physical, and Occupational Therapists
- Physician’s assistants
- Residents or Fellows
- Medical or Nursing Students in training
- Aides, Medical or NursingAassistants, and other Allied Health Personnel
- Dental Healthcare professionals
Who is the intended audience for the BLS Course?
The AHA’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare providers caring for patients both in prehospital and in-facility environments.
In addition, BLS training can be appropriate for first responders, such as police officers and firefighters, as well as for laypeople whose work brings them into contact with members of the public, such as school, fitness center, or hotel and restaurant employees. Students must pass a written exam and skills test in order to qualify for a BLS Provider Course Completion Card (valid for 2 years). Course length is up to 4 hours.
For a student textbook you may purchase the Ebook at
Receive Your AHA card the day of class*
NOTE: Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association BLS Provider Course Completion Card, valid for two years
Is this class right for you? Click here to find out: Which Certification is Right for Me?
Cancellations and Refunds: Refunds will be given if notification is received at least three (3) business days prior to the originally purchased class. If you do not show up or are late for a class you have 2 months to re-take another (same type) course at no extra cost. Please give us notice if you plan on re-scheduling so that we can reserve you a seat. Thank you. *cards issued same day , if cards are not in stock a letter of completion will be issued in the meantime, ecards also available.