BECOME A CPR INSTRUCTOR!
This course is intended for all individuals whose primary focus is education and training of healthcare providers and the general public in proper cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques.. The American Heart Association states, "An AHA Instructor Course teaches the methods needed to effectively instruct others in resuscitation courses. The AHA requires that Instructors be at least 16 years of age for Heartsaver Instructor and BLS Instructor courses". Skills taught include BLS Provider technique and methodology, effective modes of instruction for specific courses, documentation compliance with AHA guidelines and much more. (American Heart Assocation, www.heart.org)
As a BLS Instructor, you will be certified to teach the following courses:
BLS for Providers®
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED
COURSE FEE: $350.00
- 6-hours of classroom instruction
- 2-year Instructor Certification
Please review the Instructor Wizard for complete details and requirements for aligning with Jurman Medical Association CA02952, an official AHA Training Center.
The following documentation must be completed and submitted prior to the start of class for all students:
- Candidate must have a current American Heart Association® BLS Provider card and provide proof.
- Candidate must complete the (1.5 – 2 hours) online BLS Instructor Essentials Course and provide us with the BLS Essentials Certification. You will need the BLS Instructor Manual/ Ebook in order to complete this required AHA portion. You will need to print and bring the certificate with you to class
- Candidate must be aligned with an American Heart Association® Training Center prior to taking the course. You can align with Jurman Medical Association ID# CA02952 and will need to complete our Instructor Wizard prior. If a Candidate is aligned with another Training Center, please inform Jurman Medical Association in advance and bring a completed “Instructor Candidate Application” to class signed by primary Training Center's TC Coordinator.
After successful completion of BLS Instructor Course, participants must be monitored teaching their first full American Heart Association® BLS or Heartsaver CPR Course within 6 months. A JMA TC Faculty will monitor the student teacher. After successful evaluation the student teacher will be provided with a course completion card and two year certification as a BLS Instructor. Please see Instructor Agreement for Fees/Cost to monitor and align with the Training Center.
Class is non-refundable
Classroom Cancellations & Refunds
Refunds will be given if notification is received at least three (3) working days prior to the class less a $5.00 processing fee. Online learning courses and instructor courses are not refundable.
You will NOT be admitted to the course if you are late. If you do not show up or are late for a class you have 1 month to re-take another (same type) course at no extra cost (no refunds). Please note we can only reschedule you once for free, each addtional rescheduling will be subject to a $10.00 fee. Please give us notice if you plan on re-scheduling so that we can reserve you a seat. Instructor courses may not be rescheduled. These policies apply to any class registration processed through this online system, by registering for this course you agree to these terms. These terms cannot be modified once your registration has been processed. Please also note any chargebacks or disputes decided in our favor will enact an additional fee of $35.00
Product Returns & Refunds
Returns must be made within 30 days of the product shipment. The items must be unopened and unused. AED's, Online Courses and Videos cannot be returned. The customer must pay for shipping back to our warehouse as well as a 10% restocking fee. Before returning any items, the customer must contact us first to receive an RMA.