(BLS) Basic Life Support Certification AZ for Healthcare Providers
This course is updated with the current science released by the American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
The BLS Provider Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
• Updated science and education from the new 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
• Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
• Emphasis on high-quality CPR including a team dynamics classroom activity
• Video-based course with real world scenarios
The course content focuses on:
• High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
• Use of an AED
• Effective ventilations using a barrier device
• Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
BLS training is intended for certified or non-certified, licensed or non-licensed, healthcare professionals, including:
- Emergency medical technicians (EMT)
- Respiratory, Physical, and Occupational Therapists
- Physician’s assistants
- Residents or Fellows
- Medical or Nursing Students in training
- Aides, Medical or NursingAassistants, and other Allied Health Personnel
- Dental Healthcare professionals
Who is the intended audience for the BLS Course?
The AHA’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare providers caring for patients both in prehospital and in-facility environments.
In addition, BLS training can be appropriate for first responders, such as police officers and firefighters, as well as for laypeople whose work brings them into contact with members of the public, such as school, fitness center, or hotel and restaurant employees. Students must pass a written exam and skills test in order to qualify for a BLS Provider Course Completion Card (valid for 2 years). Course length is up to 4 hours.
For a student textbook you may purchase the Ebook at
Receive Your AHA card the day of class*
NOTE: Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association BLS Provider Course Completion ECard, valid for two years
Is this class right for you? Click on video tab to see.
Cancellations and Refunds: Refunds will be given if notification is received at least three (3) business days prior to the originally purchased class minus a $5 processing fee. If you do not show up or are late for a class you have 1 month to re-take another (same type) course at no extra cost. Please give us notice if you plan on re-scheduling so that we can reserve you a seat. Thank you. *Ecards issued same day.
Classroom Cancellations & Refunds
Refunds will be given if notification is received at least three (3) working days prior to the class less a $5.00 processing fee. Online learning courses and instructor courses are not refundable.
You will NOT be admitted to the course if you are late. If you do not show up or are late for a class you have 1 month to re-take another (same type) course at no extra cost (no refunds). Please note we can only reschedule you once for free, each addtional rescheduling will be subject to a $10.00 fee. Please give us notice if you plan on re-scheduling so that we can reserve you a seat. Instructor courses may not be rescheduled. These policies apply to any class registration processed through this online system, by registering for this course you agree to these terms. These terms cannot be modified once your registration has been processed. Please also note any chargebacks or disputes decided in our favor will enact an additional fee of $35.00
Product Returns & Refunds
Returns must be made within 30 days of the product shipment. The items must be unopened and unused. AED's, Online Courses and Videos cannot be returned. The customer must pay for shipping back to our warehouse as well as a 10% restocking fee. Before returning any items, the customer must contact us first to receive an RMA.